Dawn … a word that tells us that a beginning is on its way. Sun will come out and crash all the darkness, will infuse life to what is around us.

We do not have to make fresh beginnings all the time. We have to just remind ourselves that it is never too late to start any thing positive.

Everyday we do things that we are used to, things that are needed to be done. Very rarely we sit back and try to look within if we are doing things that we love doing.

We are living in an age that is totally technology driven. I do often come across the expression “My smartphone runs my life .. literally”. Nothing wrong with that, a gadget is there to serve you, to organize things for you, to enhance your efficiency. Agreed, nothing wrong with that.

My childhood was gadget free and therefore it was more of an outdoor picnic, more of actual and real “social networking”.  By what you have read so far, you might be inclined to think that I am some “old school”, “old fashion “preacher which I am not. I do support technology and I love gadgets too. My objection is about the amount of time and energy that we devote to gadgets/social media. Work or life, we need to keep up the pace. We need to stay smart and active. We need to be productive and efficient. The “always connected “world around us requires and demands us to be so and that is fair enough but this “always connected” circle has created a huge and almost irreparable disconnect with natural flow of life. By no means, this is an attempt to suggest that let us go back to the “90s”. No that will not work and that is not the idea.

The idea is to stay smarter than your gadgets, to outsmart your smart phone. Presence on social media is individual preference and quite frankly is  almost irresistible if one has to be an active participant in actual human interactions  . And again not all social media is essentially a source of “useless negativity”.

If we can divide our off work time which varies for different individuals in small pockets, it becomes easier to manage your “social media” time. For example: I give 10 to 15 minutes (early morning) to go through all phone notifications, flag what I need to follow up on during the day, move “not so important “stuff to weekend leisure. Half of which I completely skip during the weekend    . On that note, I recall that I would read newspaper everyday when I was a kid, a habit that stayed till I hopped on to twitter. I still read my favorite newspapers quite regularly. Twitter keeps me updated.

It blows my mind when I try to observe the changes that occurred in a fairly short time span of just 20 years. The world is changing every second and it is our responsibility that we do everything that we can to bring positive changes.

The idea to start this blog is to express and share my views and in the process gain and share new ideas. Planning to get back to good old art of letter writing. Let this be a new beginning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game 6 #CWC2019

Game 7 #CWC2019

2020... the year of lessons.