Game 10 #CWC 2019
Australia vs WI. Every game that WI will play they will have a chance to win . They need to win the key moments in the contest. They need to hold on to the momentum a bit longer. They need to keep the pressure on for lengthier patches of the game. That is what this match should give them in terms of key ingredients of the recipe for success. They started well ... really well. They had Australia reeling. 40 for 4 to 288. Incredible recovery. They should have stopped Australia below 260 ... surely. They couldn’t. Coulter Nile gave Australia a total that didn’t seem possible when 6th wicket fell down. Smith was the glue for Australia. WI bowled pretty well especially during the first half of Australian batting.
WI started alright but kept faltering at key moments. Dre Russ couldn’t really stay long. 10 more minutes of his batting would have an earlier finish and different result for WI. WI has to look after him . His bowling workload needs to be managed very smartly by Holder. I have said this before . I am saying it again. Klusener in 1999 and Dre Russ of 2019 are very similar players in terms of batting lower down the order. This is a long tournament . This loss should hurt WI as they let those 2 points slip after such an excellent start. They can be forgiven though. They were playing against Australia....Aussies don’t give up till it’s over... they come back hard and they did here. Australia now will meet India. That should be cracker of a game too. I predict India winning that one but not as easily as they were able to against SA. SA on the other hand will be playing WI. I don’t see SA winning that one and if they don’t. Their World Cup is almost over. ABD took a while to reconsider ... what could have been.
Pakistan and SL shared a point each . That puts more pressure on Pakistan. England plays a determined Bangladesh but should overcome the hurdle. Bangladesh almost choked NZ. This tournament still has plenty of phenomenal cricket in store. Ahhh... I am loving this summer of cricket.
WI started alright but kept faltering at key moments. Dre Russ couldn’t really stay long. 10 more minutes of his batting would have an earlier finish and different result for WI. WI has to look after him . His bowling workload needs to be managed very smartly by Holder. I have said this before . I am saying it again. Klusener in 1999 and Dre Russ of 2019 are very similar players in terms of batting lower down the order. This is a long tournament . This loss should hurt WI as they let those 2 points slip after such an excellent start. They can be forgiven though. They were playing against Australia....Aussies don’t give up till it’s over... they come back hard and they did here. Australia now will meet India. That should be cracker of a game too. I predict India winning that one but not as easily as they were able to against SA. SA on the other hand will be playing WI. I don’t see SA winning that one and if they don’t. Their World Cup is almost over. ABD took a while to reconsider ... what could have been.
Pakistan and SL shared a point each . That puts more pressure on Pakistan. England plays a determined Bangladesh but should overcome the hurdle. Bangladesh almost choked NZ. This tournament still has plenty of phenomenal cricket in store. Ahhh... I am loving this summer of cricket.
Comments
Post a Comment