Game 5 # CWC2019
Bangladesh were invited to bat by SA at the oval . SA were hoping that they would read the conditions better . They played against England in the opener and were prepared to chase the total. Bangladesh surprised them. Bangladesh surprising top teams is not surprising any more. They are looking to make a very strong statement in white ball cricket. They believe they can defeat any side on big stage. This is not an upset or shock defeat for SA. They were up against a side that has put a lot of heart and effort in getting there. Openers started well. Shakib and Rahim built on that platform.
SA looked to stop Ban at 315ish at one stage but some clean strikes in final 3 overs provided the necessary flourish. 330 on board . Good total. As I said earlier in my post last night, this will be a close game. SA may not have looked in control during the chase but did not really let the target completely out of sight. Probably no one wants to talk about it but no body comes close to ABD in their middle order. They rely on QDK to get a flying start and Amla does his bit to build the innings.
I do not see SA in my top 4 now. Will Bangladesh make it to top 4. Difficult to say but finishing on right side of the result in couple of tight games will certainly help their cause. That have the talent the skill and experience and most importantly they are passionate and hungry. If first 4 days of this tournament is a way to gauge the preparation passion and determination . They certainly look to progress beyond expectations in terms of final outcome of their contest with other cricketing nations.
Tomorrow England will take on Pakistan. Given the kind of form England are in . I expect them to win. Do we get to see first 100 of this tournament tomorrow. I have a feeling that we will. Both Shakib and Rahim looked to touch 3 figures today. I don’t think Bairstow or Root could make that mistake.
SA looked to stop Ban at 315ish at one stage but some clean strikes in final 3 overs provided the necessary flourish. 330 on board . Good total. As I said earlier in my post last night, this will be a close game. SA may not have looked in control during the chase but did not really let the target completely out of sight. Probably no one wants to talk about it but no body comes close to ABD in their middle order. They rely on QDK to get a flying start and Amla does his bit to build the innings.
I do not see SA in my top 4 now. Will Bangladesh make it to top 4. Difficult to say but finishing on right side of the result in couple of tight games will certainly help their cause. That have the talent the skill and experience and most importantly they are passionate and hungry. If first 4 days of this tournament is a way to gauge the preparation passion and determination . They certainly look to progress beyond expectations in terms of final outcome of their contest with other cricketing nations.
Tomorrow England will take on Pakistan. Given the kind of form England are in . I expect them to win. Do we get to see first 100 of this tournament tomorrow. I have a feeling that we will. Both Shakib and Rahim looked to touch 3 figures today. I don’t think Bairstow or Root could make that mistake.
Comments
Post a Comment